10 Tips for Telephone Success
The telephone is an often under-appreciated and much maligned piece of office equipment. Have you stopped to consider how much business you conduct over the telephone? These 10 tips will help you improve your telephone presence and presentations.
1. You are the “Manager of First Impressions” for your business. Whenever you pick up the telephone, put a smile on your face first. It will enhance your vocal quality and you will sound pleasant and relaxed.
2. Listen attentively to the person you are speaking with. Recall why your dog is such a good listener: listen actively and in the moment. Multi-tasking is the enemy of effective listening.
3. Let other people talk! Make sure your caller has completely finished speaking before responding. Remember: sometimes they aren’t done talking; they are just coming up for air.
4. Use open-ended questions to get people to speak more freely. You should always talk less than the person you have called. It makes others feel more comfortable, particularly if you are asking them to make a decision. The more they talk, the easier it is for them to “buy into” what you are proposing.
5. To create affinity with your callers, speed up or slow down your speaking voice to better match theirs. They won’t realize why they feel comfortable, they just will.
6. Use your words for best results. Keep in mind you can phrase anything positively, negatively or neutrally. Phrasing your words positively will help you get better results more easily.
7. Voice mail can be your friend. Avoid leaving voice mail messages but if you must, think of it as a 30 second commercial on a highly rated radio program. You have the opportunity to get your message into the “ears” of your most desired audience. Your message should reflect this.
8. Plan your telephone presentations in advance. Think out all the various scenarios you might be faced with and write it out. This is called pre-call planning.
9. Tape yourself for self-improvement. Listen to yourself carefully and decide what areas you want to improve.
10. Make an action plan. Focus on only one area at a time. When you feel comfortable, move to your next area and repeat.
We use the telephone as our primary form of personal communication. People who are good with this medium increase their opportunities for success.
Jo Ann Kirby is president of KRG Communications Group. She has 20 years experience in sales, telephone sales and sales management and an extensive background in training and development. Her background also includes extensive b2b telesales management experience. Jo Ann has been published in The Toastmaster, NAPPS Network and Commerce magazines. More can be found at http://www.krgcommunications.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jo_Ann_Kirby
Incoming search terms for the article:
- telecalling pitch (306)
- telecalling script for sales (213)
- telecalling tips (205)
- outbound sales tips (154)
- recruitment sales pitch (107)
- 10 cold calling tips (84)
- telephone spiels (74)
- insurance sales pitch examples (65)
- telephone spiel (64)
- telephone conversation script (64)
- how to pitch for sales on phone (61)
- telephone sales pitch examples (54)
- recruitment call script (51)
- spiels for sales (48)
- script for telecalling for sales (46)
- phone sales pitch examples (45)
- example of telephone conversation script (44)
- sales spiels samples (39)
- telephone sales pitch (39)
- telephonic sales pitch (38)
- sample telephone conversation script (36)
- telecalling script for insurance (35)
- sales spiels (34)
- phone pitch script (34)
- outbound calling scripts (29)
- outbound sales techniques (29)
- how to improve telecalling (29)
- telecalling script (28)
- call spiels (28)
- sales script for cold calling examples (27)
- sample phone sales pitch (25)
- telephonic conversation tips (24)
- outbound call script sample (24)
- telephone pitch examples (24)
- outbound spiels (23)
- outbound sales pitch (22)
- telephone sales pitch script (21)
- tips for telephone success (21)
- outbound sales call script (21)
- insurance telecalling script (19)
- business telephone conversation script (19)
- telecalling conversation (19)
- telephone script for insurance (19)
- telephone conversation script sample (18)
- phone spiels (18)
- sample of spiels (16)
- sample spiels (16)
- business phone conversation sample (15)
- cold calling recruiting scripts (15)
- insurance telephone scripts (15)
- telephone sales tips (15)
- telephone pitch sample (14)
- telecalling script for insurance sales (14)
- telephone conversation scripts (13)
- cold calling script for recruitment (12)
- business conversation script (11)
- outbound call scripts sample (10)
- phone sales pitch sample (3)
- tele calling tips (2)
- outbound call pitchsample (2)
- telephone pitching (1)
- tips for b2b outbound sales (1)
- conversation spiels (1)
- yhs-fullyhosted_003 (1)
- Telephone Sales Pitches (1)
- phone call pitching tactics (1)
- best telephone pitch (1)
- cold calling techniques - telephone (1)
- customer sales spiel thru telephone (1)
- EXAMPLE SALES SPIELS (1)
- examples of spiels pitch a sale (1)
- life insurance phoning pitch sample (1)
- phone conversation spiels (1)
- phone sales pitch template (1)
- sales pitch examples insurance (1)
- sales pitches for receuitment (1)
- sales spiels examples (1)
- sales telecalling tips (1)
- Sample 30 staffing services sales pitches (1)
- sample cold call conversation of selling houses (1)
- a telephone contact spiel (1)